Discover the GMFCU Difference!
Are you looking for a financial institution that is invested in YOU? Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union (GMFCU) is a small, local credit union and we are proud to roll up our sleeves and help our fellow citizens with their financial needs. Here are just a few of the great benefits you can receive as a GMFCU member:
- Ownership: We are a not-for-profit financial cooperative, member-owned and member-run. Our goal is not to make money off our members, but to address a common need in helping our members to manage their financial resources at every stage of their financial lives. By becoming a member, you become a shareholder and have a voice in how we operate.
- Better Savings Rates: Unlike banks, we return our profits to our members in the form of better interest rates. Our savings, fee-free checking, and CD accounts have higher interest rates than many other local financial institutions.
- Lower Interest on Loans/Credit: We’re committed to helping our members live their lives without getting over their heads in debt. Our credit cards, mortgages, home equity loans, auto/boat/RV/motorcycle loans, and personal loans have lower interest rates than banks and are highly competitive with other local credit unions.
- Convenient Online and Mobile Access: Account access is available 24/7 on our online eBranch and through our mobile app! Check your accounts, transfer money, pay bills, apply for a loan, manage your debit cards, and more. For your convenience, our app also features Remote Check Deposit so you can deposit checks on the go.
- Lifetime Membership: “Once a member, always a member.” This means that if you choose to leave your current employment or move, you may still retain your account at GMFCU.
- Branches and ATMs: Members have access to our 3 local branches and more than 5,000 shared branch locations across the United States. Members may visit any one of these shared branches to withdraw money, make a deposit, or make a loan payment through CO-OP Shared Branching. We also offer 4 free local ATM locations in the downtown Greensboro Area, plus access to the CashPoints ATM Network.
Interested in joining? Stop by any one of our three branches:
- Greene Street: 217 North Greene Street, Greensboro
- Soabar: 2200 Soabar Street, Greensboro
- Renaissance: 2511 Phillips Avenue, Greensboro
Or fill out the information below and we will contact you!