Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union is designated as a multiple common bond credit union. This means that if you are an employee of one of our GMFCU Business Partners, a member of the organizations listed, or resident or volunteer in designated areas of Greensboro you are eligible to join.
- Spouses of persons who died while in the field of membership of this credit union
- Persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the employer list
- Members’ immediate family or household
- Immediate family is defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, or grandchild
- This includes stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, and adoptive relationships
- Household is defined as persons living in the same residence maintaining a single economic unit
- Volunteers, by virtue of their close relationship with a sponsor group, are included as part of our field of membership
- Examples include volunteers working at a hospital or church that have a close relationship with one of our sponsor groups
In order to become a member at GMFCU, you will need to provide the following documents. If your valid government issued ID does not have the correct address, you will need to bring a utility bill in with your name and address on it.
- Original Social Security card
- Valid government issued photo ID