Qualified individuals can take advantage of our fantastic rates and establish a lifetime membership by opening a savings (share) account with a $25 minimum deposit.
- Minimum required balance of $25
- Tiered rates based on account balance
- Dividends are paid monthly
- No monthly service fees
- Free ATM Card
- Free access to thousands of shared branching locations
- Convenient surcharge free ATM locations
- Direct Deposit, payroll deduction, and ACH options available
- Free access to account information through It’s Me 247 online banking and CU*Talk phone service
- All funds are federally insurance up to a total of $250,000 for all shares by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
Eliminate financial holiday stress by taking advantage of the great rates offered with our great Christmas account.
- Make savings convenient by using the direct deposit, payroll deduction or ACH option
- Dividends paid monthly
- All funds automatically transferred to the member’s savings account on November 1st of each year.
Looking for a higher dividend rate? Don’t need immediate access to your funds? GMFCU has just the account for you. Your choice – the longer the time commitment, the better the rate.
- Fantastic Certificate Rates
- Minimum deposit of $500 for adult certificates
- Minimum deposit of $250 for youth certificates
- Convenient terms from 3- 36 months
- Dividends paid monthly
- Can be opened as a regular or IRA certificate
- Members age 55+ receive a bonus of 0.15% added to the current rate
- May have monthly dividends automatically transferred to another account
- Grace period of 10 days at maturity to review term options
Ready to start saving for retirement? We can help with IRA accounts that provide wage earners the opportunity to establish a long-term savings plan for retirement needs.
- Great rates
- IRA share and IRA certificate accounts
- IRA funds are federally insured up to an additional $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- All tax questions should be directed to your tax advisor
- Required Minimum Distribution
- Transfer Requests
- Beneficiary Changes
- Traditional IRA
- Tax deferred earnings
- Possibility of tax-deductible contributions
- May withdraw funds at any time, but tax and penalties may apply
- At age 70½ you may withdraw a required minimum amount from this Traditional IRA each year.
- May own both a Traditional IRA and a Roth IRA
- Roth IRA
- Contributions to a Roth IRA are not deductible contributions
- Money you contribute to a Roth IRA may be withdrawn tax free at any time
- Not required to take required minimum distribution at any age
- May own both a Roth and Traditional IRA