At GMFCU, we want to make sure that our members and staff stay safe and have the best information possible concerning health risks in our community. We have taken the following steps to help combat the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) as well as Influenza (Flu) in our branches:
- Employees have been instructed on proper hand washing techniques
- Employees have been instructed on proper coughing and sneezing techniques
- Employees have been instructed to use hand sanitizer between members
- Employees are regularly cleaning surfaces with Clorox and/or Lysol brand disinfectants
- Employees who are sick or exhibiting signs of sickness are asked to stay home or they will be sent home
Convenient Services to Bank Remotely
We’re asking for your help, too! If you think you might be coming down with something or if you would prefer not to come in branch, please use one of these alternatives to coming in to conduct business:
- Online Banking or the GMFCU Mobile App—both of these options allow you to do many things you would have to come in branch for!
- Pay Anyone with P2P (Person to Person) Transfer: pay anyone with just their email address or mobile phone number!
- Mobile Check Deposit (Mobile App Only): Take a picture of your check and securely deposit it via the app! NOTE: Your GMFCU account must be open for at least 6 months to use this feature.
- Online Loan Applications: Looking for a loan? You can start the process online at your convenience!
- Online Certificate Purchases: Want to purchase a certificate? Easily do so from our app or online banking!
- Online Account Opening: Looking to open a new membership or a new savings or checking on an existing account? Both can be done online!
- Bill Pay: Need to pay a bill but don’t want to come in for a cashier’s check? You can easily pay bills in both online banking and our app!
- Give us a call—we are here to help! Call us at 336-373-2090 or toll free 1-866-373-4628. If you don’t get through to a person, please leave a message and we will return your call ASAP.
- Email us—if your need is not urgent, you can email Member Services or Loans and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Follow us on Facebook—we will post any immediate alerts here first! You can also contact us via Facebook Messenger during regular business hours and we will get back to you as soon as possible. NOTE: Please do not post any confidential information, such as account numbers or contact info, in a public comment. Make sure you choose the “Send Message” option at the top of the page to send a private message.
- Use our Soabar Branch Drive Thru—help minimize contact with viral germs by staying in your vehicle and letting us assist you through our Soabar drive thru. Our Soabar branch is located at 2200 Soabar Street in Greensboro.
- Use Night Deposit Boxes at Greene and Soabar branches—we have night deposit boxes located on the front of each building at our Greene (217 N. Greene St.) and Soabar (2200 Soabar St.) branches. NOTE: These are usually checked the morning of the next business day, so if you have something that needs to be urgently deposited we recommend you use our Soabar Drive Thru as an alternative to coming inside.
- Use the hand sanitizer at our deposit slip stations—please make sure you use hand sanitizer to help keep the spread of germs at a minimum.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know! Together, we can help keep each other healthy!