Want better banking AND to make a difference in our community? Become a GMFCU Member and get $50† for switching to us and $50†donated to PDY&F Community Garden in your honor!
It’s as easy as:
- Apply to become a Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union member online or come into one of our branches (Use code IMPACT24 to unlock this promotion!)
- Open a FREE checking account†
- Set up a Direct Deposit of $250+
- Make at least 10 purchases using your GMFCU Debit Card
We ❤ PDY&F Community Garden!
PDY&F Community Garden’s mission is to help feed East Greensboro while educating the community on sustainable farming practices and launching a new generation of farmers through volunteer and training programs. We have been a proud supporter of their efforts since 2021 through grants, donations, and volunteering in the garden.
Banking at a credit union pays!
Did you know that the average consumer saves $73 a year* by banking at a credit union? That’s because credit unions generally provide financial benefits to members through lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer fees than other banking institutions.
Your financial needs are as unique as you are.
We get it. You need a financial institution that can keep up with your needs while providing you with services tailored to where you are in your financial journey. GMFCU is all that and more.
We are a full-service financial cooperative, which means banking with us (being a member) provides you with all the banking services you want and need, but we are not-for-profit. So why not bank where you can keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket AND where you own the place?
Greensboro Municipal FCU offers all the banking services you want and need:
- FREE interest-bearing Checking accounts
- Savings and Money Market accounts
- Auto loans and recreational vehicle loans
- Home Equity loans and Home Mortgage loans
- Credit Card and Personal loans
- Convenience services like Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- And so much more!
Who can join?
There are multiple ways you can qualify for membership with us.
- If you are an employee or retiree at one of over 60 local employers
- If someone in your immediate family or household is a current member
- If you live within one of our designated census tracks (link to PDF) covering 90% of Guilford County, North Carolina
- Let us make a donation to Friends of the Foundation in your honor
Let us show you more love!
Join GMFCU and we’ll give you $50† and make a $50† donation to PDY&F Community Garden in your honor! Use code IMPACT24 when joining!
*Savings amount based on Q3 2021 Credit Union National Association Membership Benefits report for North Carolina.
†Members must be over 18 years of age at time of application. Promotion only available to those who don’t currently have an account with GMFCU. $5 minimum opening deposit required. One offer per household. To qualify for the offered incentive, members must complete the following within the first 60 days of new account opening: 1) Checking account must remain open and in good standing for 60 days and 2) Member must establish and process direct deposit of at least $250 be posted to the new account within the first 60 days and 3) Member must complete a minimum of 10 debit card purchases within 60 days of the account open date. Credit Union will make a one-time deposit of $50.00 into the qualifying member’s account within 60 days of all qualifications being met. Credit Union will also make a one-time donation to PDY&F Community Garden for $50 in honor of the new member once all qualifications are met. Checking account must be open at time of deposit. Offer ends March 31, 2024. Membership eligibility required. Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA.