Become a GMFCU Member and get up to $250† for switching to us!
It’s as easy as:
- Apply to become a Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union member online or come into one of our branches
- Open a FREE checking account†
- Set up a Direct Deposit of $500+ to get $150†
- Use your GMFCU Debit Card at least 10 times to get $100†
Banking at a credit union pays!
Did you know that the average consumer saves $73 a year* by banking at a credit union? That’s because credit unions generally provide financial benefits to members through lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer fees than other banking institutions.
Your financial needs are as unique as you are.
We get it. You need a financial institution that can keep up with your needs while providing you with services tailored to where you are in your financial journey. GMFCU is all that and more.
We are a full-service financial cooperative, which means banking with us (being a member) provides you with all the banking services you want and need, but we are not-for-profit. So why not bank where you can keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket AND where you own the place?
Greensboro Municipal FCU offers all the banking services you want and need:
- FREE interest-bearing Checking accounts
- Savings and Money Market accounts
- Auto loans and recreational vehicle loans
- Home Equity loans and Home Mortgage loans
- Credit Card and Personal loans
- Convenience services like Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- And so much more!
Who can join?
There are multiple ways you can qualify for membership with us.
- If you are an employee or retiree at one of over 60 local employers
- If someone in your immediate family or household is a current member
- If you live within one of our designated census tracks (link to PDF) covering 90% of Guilford County, North Carolina
- Let us make a donation to Friends of the Foundation in your honor
Let us show you more love!
Join GMFCU and we’ll give you up to $250†.
*Savings amount based on Q3 2021 Credit Union National Association Membership Benefits report for North Carolina.
†Members must be over 18 years of age at time of application. Promotion only available to those who don’t currently have a checking account with GMFCU. $5 minimum opening deposit required. One offer per household. To qualify for the offered incentive, members must complete the following within the first 60 days of new account opening: 1) Checking account must remain open and in good standing for 60 days and Member must establish and process direct deposit of at least $500 be posted to the new account within the first 60 days to receive $150 bonus. 2) Member must complete a minimum of 10 debit card transactions within 60 days of the account open date to receive $100 bonus. Credit Union will make a one-time deposit of up to $250.00 into the qualifying member’s account within 60 days of all qualifications being met. Checking account must be open at time of deposit. Offer ends September 30, 2023. Membership eligibility required. Credit Union is federally insured by NCUA.