Welcome to the New Year, New Finances: A Financial Education & Fitness Workshop!
This is a 5-week program aimed at providing you with the tools you need to be on the path to financial wellness. During these 5 weeks, you will learn:
- Using a Checking Account and Budgeting Basics: We’ll teach you the ins and outs of checking accounts, the foundations of budgeting, and how to tie them both together for a snapshot of your finances!
- All about Credit and Debt: Whether you’ve got great credit, not-so-great credit, or no credit at all, we’ve got you covered! We’ll go over what makes a credit score, how to keep yourself from going into debt, and what to do to keep your score going up.
- Starting an Emergency Savings Account: It’s never too early or too late to start saving for a rainy day! Learn about how to make smart choices to make your Emergency Fund work for you.
- Buying a Car: Are you saving for your first vehicle or has it been a while since you’ve been to a dealership? We’ll walk you through what a vehicle loan looks like and things you need to know to get your best deal.
- Buying a Home: There’s lots to know about buying a home! We’ll meet with our Mortgage Specialist, Kristin, and go over what a mortgage is, best practices for saving for your future home, and what different mortgage terms mean.
At the end of this workshop, you will receive a Certificate of Completion at our 2023 Annual Meeting on April 20, 2023!
The workshop will be held from Tuesday evenings from 6-7 p.m. on the following dates at our Soabar branch:
|Tuesday, March 7 @ 6 pm||Checking Account and Budgeting Basics||This workshop is mandatory to complete certification.|
|Tuesday, March 14 @ 6 pm||All About Credit and Debt||This workshop is mandatory to complete certification.|
|Tuesday, March 21 @ 6 pm||Starting an Emergency Savings Account||You must choose at least 2 of the remaining 3 workshops to complete certification.|
|Tuesday, March 28 @ 6 pm||Buying a Car||You must choose at least 2 of the remaining 3 workshops to complete certification.|
|Tuesday, April 4 @ 6 pm||Buying a Home||You must choose at least 2 of the remaining 3 workshops to complete certification.|
Each participant will be required to attend 4 workshops to earn their Certificate of Completion (Checking Account/Budgeting Basics, All About Credit and Debt, and then their choice of two of the remaining workshops). Participants are welcome and encouraged to attend all five workshops. There are no makeup days for workshops.
Workshops are FREE and are limited to the first 12 registrants. Registrants must be GMFCU members in good standing and at least 16 years of age. Light refreshments and water will be provided.
We're sorry, our registration limit has been reached. If you would like to be put on a waitlist, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 336.433.7286.