Spread the love around this Fall. Refer a friend to GMFCU and get $50 for you AND your friend!†
It’s as easy as:
- Tell your friends and family how awesome your credit union is
- Send them here to apply to become a Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union member online or tell them to come into one of our branches
- They’ll need to open their share account and a FREE checking account, set up a direct deposit, use their new FREE debit card, and log into online banking†!
- Remind them to tell our staff you sent them so we can thank you for the referral
- Once they’ve completed the steps, both you and your friend will receive $50 each†!
Banking at a credit union pays!
Did you know that the average consumer saves $73 a year* by banking at a credit union? That’s because credit unions generally provide financial benefits to members through lower loan rates, higher savings rates, and fewer fees than other banking institutions.
Why Greensboro Municipal FCU?
We are a full-service financial cooperative, which means banking with us (being a member) provides you with all the banking services you want and need, but we are not-for-profit. So why not bank where you can keep more of your hard-earned money in your pocket AND where you own the place?
Greensboro Municipal FCU offers all the banking services you want and need:
- FREE interest-bearing Checking accounts
- Savings accounts
- Auto loans and Recreational loans
- Home Equity loans and Home Mortgage loans
- Credit Card and Personal loans
- Convenience services like Online Banking and Mobile Banking
- And so much more!
Who can join?
There are multiple ways you can qualify for membership with us.
- If you are an employee or retiree at one of over 60 local employers
- If someone in your immediate family or household is a current member
- If you live within one of our designated census tracks (link to PDF) covering 90% of Guilford County, North Carolina
- If you make a donation to CCUF’s Friends of the Foundation
*Savings amount based on Q3 2021 Credit Union National Association Membership Benefits report for North Carolina.
†To qualify for bonus, new member must open share account and checking account, a GMFCU debit card with at least 10 transactions, set up a direct deposit to your new GMFCU account of $250 or more, and set up GMFCU online banking by 60 days after share account opening date. Offer valid for new members with referral from current GMFCU member. New member is defined as not being a current primary or joint GMFCU member or have been a previous GMFCU member within the last 6 months. Bonus will be paid as a $50 deposit in the new member’s savings account and a $50 deposit in the referring GMFCU member’s savings account within 30 days of completing eligibility requirements. Account must be in good standing for both parties to receive bonus. New member must provide referring member’s name at account opening. Offer valid September 1, 2022 through October 31, 2022. Contact GMFCU for complete details. GMFCU is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.