At GMFCU, we care about your financial wellness. That’s why we have partnered with industry-leading BALANCE to provide free access to excellent financial education and resources to help with your personal financial matters. Plus, BALANCE can assist you with no-cost financial counseling to help you develop a sensible budget for managing your spending and debt. Throughout your financial life stages and more, with BALANCE, you have access to the following:
Financial Coach Hotline:
- From budgeting to credit and other personal finance topics, certified credit counselors are standing by to answer your questions.
Money Management Counseling
- Talk to a counselor to help create a realistic spending and savings plan. Whether you want to get out of debt, pay your bills with ease, or save for retirement, BALANCE has you covered.
Credit Report Review
- Review your credit report with a counselor, get advice on disputing inaccuracies, and learn how to build a strong credit history.
Home Purchase Education
- If you are ready to buy a home, BALANCE offers HUD-approved comprehensive education on all aspects of the home-buying process. You can learn everything from saving for a down payment to applying for a mortgage.
Foreclosure Prevention Counseling
- Struggling with your mortgage payments? Take advantage of early delinquency intervention counseling to discuss alternatives to foreclosure.
Identity Theft Solutions
- Get the tools and guidance you need to protect yourself against identity theft. Also, learn how to recover if you become a victim.
Debt Repayment Options
- A counselor can explain your options for getting out of debt, including a Debt Management Plan – a structured repayment option to help you achieve financial freedom.
Call BALANCE toll-free 888.456.2227
Explore Balance Educational Resources Online: greensboromcu.balancepro.org
- Members will need to register/login to gain access to the online educational programs including: Balance Track, My Balance and Get In Balance using videos, articles, podcasts, booklets, calculators, newsletters and tool kits.