Savings (Share) Accounts
A share account is the foundation of your GMFCU membership. Similar to a savings account because each member owns a share of the credit union.
- Minimum deposit to open and balance $25.00
- Tiered interest rates - increase as your balance grows
- Interest compounded daily and paid monthly
- Dividend rate set by the Board of Directors and is subject to change monthly
- May be used as collateral on othr GMFCU loans.
- Shared Branch access at 4,000 CU Branches nationwide
- Free It's*Me247 Online banking to view your accounts online
- Free CU*Easy Pay bill pay ervice
- Free e-Statements
- Free 24/7 Telephone teller, CU*Talk
- NCUA Insured
- For your convenience: Routing #253175931
Club Savings (Christmas Club) Accounts
- Set up as many free Club accounts as you wish.
- Club accounts require no minimum balance
- Funds are automatically transferred to your savings or checking account each October.
- When it's time to buy gifts or plan a special holiday vacation, your money will be there.
Deposit Accounts Earn more . . .
Security - Greensboro Municipal Members are federally insured up to $250,000 per member by the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF).
Certificates of Deposit
- Minimum to open:$500.
- Terms of 3-months to 36-months.
- CDs lock in a guaranteed rate for a set amount of time.
- Early withdrawal penalities apply.
Select Your Account Ownership
When you open a share account, youmust choose who will have access to the funds and be accountable for taxes and other ownership responsibilities. The following types of ownership are available: