Savings (Share) Accounts
Every Member of Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union (GMFCU) has a primary savings (share) account. The savings (share) account is the foundation of your GMFCU membership and represents the member's share of ownership in Greensboro Municipal.
- A minimum deposit to open and keep as a balance is $25.00.
- "Once a member, always a Member," whether you continue your present job, move to other employment, or retire, your membership continues at Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union as long as you maintain the $25 minimum balance.
- Members may make deposits through: payroll deduction, direct deposit, mail, night deposit, or in the office.
- Funds may be used as collateral on other GMFCU loans.
- Dividends are declared by the Board of Directors, paid monthly and based on the credit union's earnings.
Your Savings (Share) Account provides you access to:
- A Free ATM card
- Access to No Surcharge ATMs owned by Greensboro Municipal's or any CashPoints ATM location in North Carolina.
- Access to 4,000+ Shared Credit Union branches nationwide
- Free 24/7 telephone Teller, CU*Talk
- Free It's*Me247 Online banking
- Free CU*Easy Pay bill pay service - Enroll through It's*Me247 Online banking
- Free e-Statements - Sign Up through It's*Me247 Online banking
Select Your Account Ownership
When you open your savings (share) account, you must choose who will have access to the funds and be accountable for taxes and other ownership responsibilities. The following types of ownership are available:
- An Individual Account is in the name of one individual member of the credit union.
- A Joint Account is owned by joint members with the right to survivorship.
- A Payable Upon Death Account will release only to a designated beneficiary(s).
Greensboro Municipal Federal Credit Union members are federally insured up to $250,000 per member by the NCUA (National Credit Union Administration).
*For your convenience - our Federal Reserve Routing #253175931